Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Censorship In My District

I haven't had experience with what would be considered normal censorship, I have had in interesting experience with one of my example essays I used for when I taught my "How To" writing unit. I have a wonderful student example titled "Botheration." It is a hilarious and well-written how-to on bothering people. I had a set of grandparents who were in tough situation and actually thought I was teaching their grandchild how to bully other students. I need to get online at school and post a copy of this essay. It is brilliant work in my opinion, but then again, the censors are EVERYWHERE! (Mostly, I putting this post up to remind myself to post the essay.)

The 8th grade teachers in my school get parental permission for a few of thier high-risk students to read Fighting Rueben Wolfe It is out of print, so if you want to get your hands on it, you will need to look a little bit. It is easy to find on the internet, but my library system in southern Oregon doesn't have it.

No comments:

Post a Comment