Monday, April 26, 2010

Reader-Response Questions/chapter 4 Reflection

I currently don't teach a reading class so I passed these out to my homeroom students. Our homeroom is a combination silent reading and homework help period. I offered students extra credit in homeroom to complete it, but as HR is an easy "A" already, I haven't received any in return.

However after viewing all the lists provided in this chapter, I know that this will be one textbook that I won't sell on Ebay or to Powell's. I want to keep it so that when my own kids are old enough to be reading YA books, I will have it as a resource. I don't know what pitfalls my own children will come across in their adolescence, but I know that sometimes, books have more of an impact that a talk with a parent. Being able to have the appropriate book in my home at the time when they could come across it, may be the best way for me to continue to help shape their worldview when they are trying to create one separate of me and their dad. This text is a quick easy reference to what books I plan on buying as they enter adolescence.

No comments:

Post a Comment